Sometimes I make very complicated lunch that takes more than 1 hour for preparation and cooking. Sometimes I get lazy. So, when you get lazy, you tend to find things that is easy to make. Today I am lazy and that’s why the title: A very simple quick noodle for lunch.
In order to have this very simple lunch, you must have some dried noodles, 1 egg, some spring onions and some seasoning such as soy sauce, ground pepper etc.
This bowl of noodle is seasoned with soy sauce and spring onion oil then topped with a beautiful egg plus garnished with chopped spring onion. The egg, the egg, the egg. Such a beauty. It took me less than 7 minutes to make a beautiful egg like the photo below.
I always like to garnish my noodles and rice with chopped spring onion. Not only it makes my dish beautiful, it has the onion scent that combines well with some dishes and in my case, the noodles. In a much simpler saying, it escalates the overall taste of the dish. I do find some people who hates spring onion because of the sharp onion taste but to me, it’s a must have in most of my noodles.
Simple Noodle Topped with Egg and Spring Onion (makes 1, for me)
- Some dried noodles – enough for 1 person
- 1 egg
- Enough water in a small pot covering the egg
- 1 spring onion
- 2 teaspoon of oil
- 2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- Let’s make the egg, bring the water in pot to barely boiled. Put in the egg and cook for about 7 minutes. Remember to set your timer. Overcooking the egg will make you cry.
- After 7 minutes, take the egg out and put into icy water for 5 minutes. This is to stop the egg from cooking further. Then remove the shell and set aside.
- In another pot, bring water to boil to cook the noodles.
- While you are waiting for that, let’s make some spring onion oil. Simply chop the white part into 2 cm pieces. Leave the green part for garnish later.
- Heat up a small sauce pot. Put the oil in. Once the oil is heated up, throw in the white part of spring onion. Fry until the spring onion turns brown.
- Remove the spring onion and keep the oil.
- Now, when the water for cooking the noodle is boiling, put in the dried noodle and cook for about 2 minutes. Well, this depends on the noodle you have. For mine, it takes about 2 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl, combine spring onion oil, soy sauce, ground white pepper and sugar in the boil.
- Drain off the water from the noodles and put into the bowl with seasoning. Toss the noodle well.
- Garnish with spring onion and top with the egg. Tada! Lunch ready!